At some point in my first week of sobriety, my sponsor had me make this list of the things I must do today to stay sober. I like that she made it really simple, although I did not find these things to be easy.
* Pray – on my knees!
- Ask for help in the morning to relieve the urge to go back to my old lifestyle of drinking and drugging
- Thank God at night for keeping me sober that day
* Go to a meeting
- 90 meetings in 90 days
- Go to a Big Book meeting and a Step meeting every week
- Share what is really going on with me at the meeting
* Call my sponsor
* Call 5 sober members in recovery of the same sex
* Help another
- An anonymous nice thing
- Service work at the meeting such as making coffee, wiping down counters, cleaning ashtrays
- If someone picks up a white chip, give them my phone number and tell them how I felt on day one
* Read literature and work steps
- Starting with “The Doctor’s Opinion”, read the first 164 pages of the Big Book and highlight what I can relate to or what jumps out at me
* Read Daily Reflections meditation in the morning
* Take care of yourself!
- Take a shower
- Brush teeth
- Wash face